Saw this pumpkin stewed rice recipe and was immediately attracted by its beautiful colours. The kids don't really enjoy pumpkin so I'm hoping that this colourful dish can entice them to give it a go.
- 100g pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp corn
- 2 tbsp bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp dashi powder
- 1 tsp ikan bilis powder
- In a claypot, add rice, dashi and ikan bilis powder.
- Layer with pumpkin and corn. Mix well.
- Bring to boil and cover with lid. Cook for 12-15 minutes under low heat.
- Add bell pepper. Mix well and serve.