What to cook for your baby if they are in between the porridge and rice phase?
For me, I have a 7 year old who likes porridge, and a 3 year old who likes rice - what a big headache at mealtimes! Thankfully, this recipe was well received by both.
I cooked this using a Thermomix, and the steps can be easily replicated by a regular stove as well. It's also a great way to use up some leftover rice. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
- 15g garlic cloves
- 10g oil
- 30g fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, cut into small cubes (about 1 cm)
- 300g water
- 100g white rice
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 60g chicken breast, diced (about 1 cm)
- 50g cabbage, stemmed, cut into small pieces (about 1.5 cm)
- 60g corn kernels
- 1 tbsp wolfberries
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
Place garlic cloves in mixing bowl and chop
3 sec/speed 5, scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
Add oil and fresh shiitake mushrooms, sauté
Add water, white rice and chicken powder (salt is optional), cook
Add chicken breast, cabbage, corn kernels and wolfberry, stir lightly with spatula, cook
3 min/100°C/reverse/speed(stir), remove to bowl, sprinkle with white pepper and serve hot.
Recipe adapted from Cookidoo.